Think Like Your Client – Raise Your Accounting Firm’s Standards
If you were shopping around for a CPA, would you hire your firm? Would you be able to find your company listing in a search?
Are you qualified?
Organizations like UCPAA often compare firms to help future clients decide which is the best for their needs. Ask yourself these questions to get an idea of how you stand:
- Do you have the expertise necessary to advise a niche business?
- Do you have enough staff to be available as often as necessary?
- Are your fees competitive, and do you provide enough value?
- Are you ready to deal with an IRS audit?
- Are you relatable and comfortable asking crucial questions?
- Would you confidently recommend your firm to someone you love?
Is your firm visible?
The bulk of modern business searches are usually online, so have quality listings with online directories like Yelp! and Google My Business.
Ads in local newspapers can reach a broad swath of potential customers. If your firm has a specialized client base, targeting those specific periodicals may be more effective.
Social media can be a great way to engage the clients you already have continually, and perhaps pick up a few new ones on the road. Regular posts to a business page on a site like Facebook don’t have to be strictly industry-related and can keep you relevant with current trends.
Once you can adequately answer these questions, your firm will likely attract like-minded clients who you will find easy to satisfy.…